Butifarras are, for me, the world’s best sandwich. A big claim I know, but just try it and you’ll be hooked. It’s just such a wonderful combination… fresh and spicy salsa, fragrant coriander, earthy, juicy jamon del pais ham and crusty french bread. I defy you not to love this!
- A few slices of jamon del pais
- A couple of tablespoons of salsa criolla
- Fresh baguette or crusty roll
- A couple of leaves of lettuce
- Mayo (optional)
- Aji hot sauce (optional)
- Open the baguette and firstly add a layer of lettuce, just enough to cover the base.
- Add the ham, and mayo and aji if using.
- Top generously with salsa criolla, close the baguette and tuck in to the world’s best sandwich!