Photo courtesy of Latinbitescafe.com
This smoothie uses two Peruvian superfoods – maca powder (Peruvian ginseng!) and algarrobina (a natural sweetener) to make a great power shake that will kick start your day.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 litre of evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon of maca powder
- 2 tablespoons algarrobina
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 eggs
How to make it
- Blend the milk with ice bit by bit until you’ve got the consistency you like your smoothies.
- Add the eggs, maca, algarrobina, honey and eggs and blend again until mixed.
- Serve in a glass and drizzle with algarrobina to top. If you like you could also dust with ground cinnamon.
Like or share this post: